Friday, May 2, 2008

Calling Out the Underclassmen!

It’s that time of year. The tress are blooming their green leaves. Flowers are spreading their paddles wide to huge the sun. And seniors are preparing to graduate. They will anchor their last County Line. DJ their last shifts on Titan Radio and take their very last final. It is now a transition period where seniors are moving on and the underclass will have to fill their rolls. With what I have been observing all year, I wonder if these juniors, sophomores, and freshmen are ready. They will be asked to take on new responsibilities, new rolls. Some will even be asked or even forced into leadership rolls as well. I can honestly say I can only count the number of underclassmen on my right hand who I feel are ready to do so. A new weight of responsibility will be pressed on their shoulders. Well, I’m calling out the underclassmen. It is time to step up! It is time to get involved! This is your time now. A new class of freshmen will arrive next year and they will be looking up to you, for help and guidance. The way I see it, you have two choices. You can drift in the shadows and go unnoticed only doing enough to get by to graduate. Or you can take the proactive choice and get involve; be the one asking questions and wanting to learn new jobs and duties. It’s like that old saying. “You can take the path that everyone follows or make your own path and leave a trail for others.” Be the one to make a name for yourself. We have had some very talented and skilled students come through this major. Many of them are graduating this year. But now its time to see what you can do with them gone. So I’m calling out the underclassmen because I want to see you guys work to your full potential. I didn’t see it this year…but I can’t wait to see what you guys can do come the fall.

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

Where are those youngsters who should be there ready to fill your shoes? I think Ryan will make an excellent director and producer.

My wife worked the Penguins game today. Were you watching or did you go to the Arena?