Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Earning R-E-S-P-E-C-T

Being the best in my major is not the most important to me. Don’t get me wrong, I try my hardest and i do want to be good i at what i do. At the same time I do not want to turn in something that will reflect badly on me either. What is the most important to me is earning the respect of the people around me; the respect of peers, class mates, teachers, and co-workers. If people do not respect you then they do not trust you. When you don’t have respect, your not taken serious, and for the most part people don’t care what you have to say. See I rather people trust me, look up to me, then be the best. In life there is always someone better then you, but not everyone is respected. Talent may get you to the top but character will keep you there. But how can you earn respect? Well it’s really simple if you fallow these guide lines

1.) Always be on time never late
2.) Help the people around you when they ask for it
3.) Never back out of something that you said you would complete
4.) Take responsibility in everything that you do.
5.) Never hesitate to volunteer.
6.) Take your job serious and not a joke
7.) Always conduct your self in a professional manner
8.)When there is conflict talk it out with that person first
9.) Listen to what your peers have to say
10) To get respect you have to give respect

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

I really enjoy reading your blog. You tap into topics that we probably should explore more in class. Thank you.