Friday, March 7, 2008

Amazing Race: Audition Tape

In my first blog I mention how I needed to make an audition tape for the Amazing Race. Tom and I (my partner) finished filming it last week. Most people when they make an audition tape for a reality show just stand on camera and talk about how they feel they would be perfect for the show. Which is pretty boring and it really does not single you out if everyone else is doing the same thing. But I had a different idea. Instead of just explaining on camera why Tom and I would be great on the Amazing Race why not demonstrate our best qualities? What we decided to do was to have our own race, and kind of make it a really short story. The plot is Tom was to have our application sent in already but as I discovered he didn’t do it. It’s the day of the dead line and the post office closes at 4:30 pm. As luck would have it, we only have 3 minutes to get there, and then the race is on. Our adventure to the post office, challenges would face us and will have to be met. Through the video we will illustrate our skills that would help us win on the Amazing Race. Now I know this might not be exactly what the producers of the show is looking for but the idea of this project is for us too exemplify our talent in making videos. I think what we are putting together gives us a lot of creative freedom to show what we can do.

1 comment:

Brad Weaver, BC Instructor said...

The captured video of what I shot during capstone is on the window-side PC in the digital editing bay next to master control in case you want some of it for your video. I believe Christina also has the raw tape.