Sunday, April 6, 2008

Penguins Nation!






If you are around me for any amount of time it is no secret that I love the Pittsburgh Penguins. It’s a passion of mine that I have had for many years. One of my good friends David shares the same enthusiasm. In every class we had to together or even if we were just meeting up, we would talk Pens hockey for hours. We always joked that we should do to some kind of a hockey show together sense that’s all we ever talk about anyways. Our first idea was to try to get a morning show on our schools radio station. As luck would have it, all the spots filled up before we could get a shift. Plus we really didn’t favor the idea of waking up in the morning to do it. Now with all the video blogs out there and pod casting, you think this idea would of come a lot sooner rather then later. But it didn’t. Only recently did we think to even do a video blog, and now were kicking ourselves for not doing it earlier.

Well this week we put our plan of a video blog about the Pens into action. We got a camera, microphone, and set up it all up in the radio station. After thinking for no less then 15 seconds we decided to call the show Penguins Nation. I knew we would never have trouble trying to find things to talk about and this was no problem when we started filming. Seven minutes later we were done with our first show. A little longer then we wanted but that’s ok. I have to say Im really pleased with how it turned. I know David and I have some great ideas to build on to the show and our excited about future shows. So once I get it loaded up I hope you enjoy our video blog and there will many more to come.

No comments: