Thursday, October 23, 2008

10 Years From Now

Wow me ten years from now coming back for Westminster homecoming. I wonder what that would be like… (Going into the future) Wa Nah Nah Nah! Wa Nah Nah! Wa Nah Nah!


I always enjoyed the ride up to school. Autumn fever has taken over the leaves painting them with so many colors. It’s been so long that I’d seen any of my old class mates. I just can’t wait to see them. More important I can’t wait to see my old buddy Nicky Piszczor. We were EP's for the County Line and radio news.From the Email we were all suppose to meet up in the radio station. Boy do I miss being in that station. To think of all the countless hours I would send in there working on news, TCL meetings, late night projects, and even doing some DJ shifts. I remember having the best time just sitting in there talking and laughing with all my friends. I do miss that. You never realize how much fun you’re having until it’s all over.


The little borough of New Wilmington is packed with people and the town is buzzing like a bee hive. It only took me 15 minutes to find a parking spot but I found one to fit my BMW in. Its 10:15 and the parade will be starting soon. So I made my way to the station in a hurry. I claimed the steps and half way up I spotted Nicky!


Doug: Little foot! How the hell are you?

Nicky: Oh my gosh Doug! Hi!

Doug: Kind of weird being back uh?

Nicky: Yeah just a little, but I’m excited to see everyone.

Doug: Well let’s walk up together

Nicky: Sure Doug (with a smile on her face)


We entered the room and everyone was there! All my old buddies, David Greig, Amanda Conway, Aimee Gerber (who really spells Amy like that?), Christina Roseto, and even TJ Renninger. At first I felt like I was there for a County Line meeting, so I said, “alright everyone who is producing this week and what are our lead stories?” everyone laughed.


Amanda: Doug get your ass over here and give me a hug!

Doug: Darling, when you put in like that, I guess I don’t have a choice. (Big hug)

Amanda: Awe Doug. I missed you so much! Did you hear about Dr. B?

Doug: No what?

Amanda: Well…He moved on…

Doug: Oh my God! Is he dead?

Amanda: Oh No! (Haha) He’s back working at Froggy.

Doug: Wow, you scared me there for a second. So what’s new? Are you married?

Amanda: Yes I am! I met this great guy at work.

Doug: That’s great! Where do you work?

Amanda: I’m a reporter for a Station in Ohio. Its small but they have me in prime time.

Doug: Well with a face like yours I can see why…


Everyone in the room was having a good time drinking some punch and snacking on the cookies that were provided. Then I had a tap on my shoulder


Nicky: So was that your BMW I saw pulling in? Boy Doug, you must have done alright for yourself.

Doug: Yeah, you could say that. When you work for the Pittsburgh Steelers they tend to pay you well

Nicky: Wow really? That’s great Doug. I knew you would work for someone big one day. What do you do for them?

Doug: I film and put together their season highlights. So what are you doing now?

Nicky: Well you know me. I’m working for PBS. Well…I’m the president of PBS.

Doug: Holy shit! Really? I’m sure I could have guessed that one.

Nicky: So where is your wife at? Did you get tied down yet?

Doug: Yes I did. She couldn’t make it though. She had to do a photo shoot.

Nicky: You’re married to a model?

Doug: So did she. (HaHa)


I always knew Nicky would do good for herself. She was always one of the hardest workers in our major. I looked at her as the girl who could do anything and for her, I think anything is possible.


Doug: What ever happen to TJ and Thomas?

Nicky: I hear T.J. is still working for WKBN part time and Thomas got a full time job working in the AV Department at the college.

Doug: Some how, I seen that one coming (haha)

Nicky: You ready to head down to the parade with me?

Doug: With you Darling of course, lets go!


The day went on and I had a great time catching up with everyone. We were late for the parade but that’s ok I didn’t really care to see. The Parade was just the same when I did it. The sororities had the nice looking floats and the Frats looked like they did there’s last minute. I stayed for the first half of the Football game. But after that there was not much worth staying for. The Titans were losing 65-10. Maybe one day they will be good. It was a great day seeing everyone. But now its time to go home, and should be a nice ride in my BMW.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Vivid details makes me wonder if you have access to a time machine or something. Maybe the time machine and some well placed investments lead to that BMW.

Nicky Piszczor said...

Can I just say this post is amazing? Now I have something to look forward to in the future ;) But a BMW? haha :)