Thursday, October 9, 2008

A Scholar and a Gentleman

He was not just a good friend but also someone that I looked up to. Chris Norris was a scholar and a gentleman. I remember when I first met Chris I was DJing for Titan Radio and he was in the production room next to me working on the sports minute. He came over to introduce himself and asked if I was new to the major. I told him that I just change majors to Broadcasting. Chris told how great this major is, and he sat there and talked to me. After that I felt so welcome into the major and was impress that he came over to talk to me. And that has stuck with me ever sense.

Chris was also a constant professional when it came to his work. And seeing someone constantly conduct himself in that manor it tends to rub off on the people around you. I know it did for me. Sometimes it’s the little things like how you carry yourself that can make all the difference in how people perceive you. This was one of the reasons why I did look up to Chris even though we are the same age. He was so good at what he did it made me want to work harder on projects just to make them better.

I have to say I miss having Chris. I don’t ever remember that kid ever being in a bad mood but always being happy and smiling. What made Chris different from everyone else was his willing to help out others. I know he saved my butt a hand full of times on projects a bunch. Chris will go off and make a name for him self and leave his make as he did here at Westminster and on me. Thanks Chris

No comments: